Condensed Matter Theory Seminar
Spring semester 2013
Thursdays, 14:00, Room 4.1
07. January, Simon Nigg, Yale
QC2 Seminar: "Stabilizer quantum error correction toolbox for superconducting qubits"
19. February, Courtney Brell, University of Sydney
QC2 Seminar: "Perturbative parent Hamiltonians for topologically ordered states"
20. February, Benjamin Brown, Imperial College London
QC2 Seminar: "Enhancing Memory Times using Domain Walls on Surface Codes"
07. March, Philippe Corboz, ETH Zürich
QC2 Seminar: "Simulation of strongly correlated systems in two dimensions with tensor network algorithms"
14. March, Nicolas Sangouard, University Geneva
QC2 Seminar: "Displacing entanglement towards the macroscopic domain"
28. March, Constantin Schrade, ETH Zürich
QC2 Seminar: "On the Relationship of Riemannian Geometry and Condensed Matter Physics"
04. April, Tomá Bzduek, Comenius University in Bratislava
QC2 Seminar: "The Anomalous Spectral Function of Superconductors"
18. April, Tobias Meng, Uni Basel
QC2 Seminar: "Spiral Luttinger liquids: helical nuclear spin order, Rashba nanowires, and their conductance"
16. May, Benedict Friess, MPI for solid state research Stuttgart
QC2/QSIT special seminar: "Electron-nuclear spin interaction in the quantum Hall regime"
(Note the unusual time: 13:30)
16. May, Jelena Klinovaja, Basel
QC2/QSIT special Seminar: "Integer and Fractional Quantum Hall Effect in a Strip of Stripes"
(Note the unusual time: 14:45)
30. May, Yaron Kedem, Tel Aviv University
QC2 Seminar: "Weak Values: a Theoretical Concept and a Practical Tool"
07. July, Nikolay Chtchelkatchev, Landau Institute
QC2 Seminar: "Fluctuation Superconductivity and the PT-Symmetry"